Amy Swearer, Legal Fellow at the Heritage Foundation & Constitution Day Featured Speaker.
Amy Swearer is a Legal Fellow at the Heritage Foundation’s Edwin Meese III Center for Legal and Judicial Studies, where her areas of scholarship include Second Amendment, overcriminalization, originalism, and mental health policy*.
She has testified before Congress and numerous state legislatures, and her scholarship is featured in major law reviews. Her viral 2019 testimony before the House Judiciary Committee against a ban on so-called “assault weapons” remains one of the most-watched Heritage Foundation videos of all time. She has been featured on the cover of Time Magazine, and her expert analysis is sought by an array of outlets ranging from C-SPAN and NPR to the Dr. Oz Show [and everything in-between].
Amy is a former co-host of the Heritage Foundation podcast SCOTUS 101 and currently runs the Foundation’s Defensive Gun Use Database, a first-of-its-kind interactive map to help Americans understand the importance of the right to keep and bear arms. Amy received her law degree from the University of Nebraska College of Law.
*For identification purposes only.
The Work of Amy Swearer:
- Video – Gun Expert Leaves Congress Speechless With Gun Facts
- Video – Amy Swearer Talks RED FLAG Laws on “The Ben Shapiro Show”
- Article – 11 Examples of Why Government Shouldn’t Go After Lawful Guns
- Article – 13 Examples of How Miami’s Police Chief Is Wrong on Defensive Gun Use
- Article – https://www.heritage.org/firearms/commentary/these-11-cases-firearm-saved-the-owner-or-others
- Article – https://www.heritage.org/courts/commentary/3-things-know-about-second-amendments-return-supreme-court
- Article -New Defensive Gun Use Database Highlights ‘Essential’ Nature of Gun Ownership
Amy will be the featured speaker at the Constitution Day Celebration. For more information about this event click here.