Here are some of the new laws being debated in the General Assembly this year. This list spotlights a few of the over 300 laws proposed.
As an informed citizen, your task is watch, learn and take action:
1. Understand the Bill: Read it, consider who is sponsoring the bill and what others you respect are saying.
2. Follow the Bill: You can track the bill through the General Assembly… so you can participate in the debate at the right time.
3. Take Action: Let your opinion be know to your legislator, the editor of your paper, or via social media.
There are some great tools to learn more about proposed laws and new regulations including:
- www.legis.delaware.gov to read about the pending legislation
- www.delawarelive.com for balanced reporting on key bills
- www.scrwc.net for a Republican perspective and www.DelawareLiberal.net for a Democratic viewpoint